Goldilocks of the famed fairytale had grown up and moved on. It had taken some time to recover from the whole porridge debacle. But times were different now. She was still health conscious just like her buddies the three bears (who incidentally had joined the local gym).
So, one day Goldilocks really fancied a snack, something warm and filling but it had to be “just right”. That’s when she discovered this rather tasty recipe for banana bread. Being the kind of character who enjoyed doing her own thing she adapted it to her own taste.
Banana bread goodness
3 ripe bananas
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
115g ground almonds
30g desiccated coconut
40g gluten free flour
2 tablespoons flax meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
handful of chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Line a baking tin with grease proof butter which has been greased with oil or butter. It saves time on washing-up later.
- For the wet ingredients take a a large bowl. Mash the bananas using a potato masher or use your bare fists. Whisk in the the melted butter, eggs and vanilla essence.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: ground almonds, desiccated coconut, gluten free flour, flax meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Don’t throw in the pecans just yet!
- Stir together the wet and dry ingredients with a rubber spatula. Now you can add in the pecans.
- Pour the batter into the baking tray and bake for about 45 mins or until the bread is golden brown. Insert a toothpick if it comes out clean it’s ready to eat (devour).